From Breaking Point
Traps are available to be set in Breaking Point, capable of inflicting various levels of harm to their victims.
- Traps can be placed by double-clicking them while in inventory, and they use the custom placement system for precise positioning.
- Players can build as many traps as they'd like and traps don't count towards storage object limitation.
- Certain types of traps such as bear traps can be picked up and reused somewhere else.
- Constructable traps are persistent and are reloaded on the server restart.
Currently there are two different types of traps available with more to be added in the future;
- AT Mine – anti-vehicle mine which triggers on heavier vehicles driving over it, dealing heavy damage.
- Bear Trap – a hunting trap which will cripple and cause heavy bleeding on players, or instantly killing animals or infected.
- Trip Mine – anti-personnel mine that can be placed in most locations, such as doorways, on roads, and outside of havens.
- Bear Traps and Trip Mines are Currently Unavailable
- I.E.D. – Improvised Explosive Device is a constructible trap which can be placed in most locations and also attached to a haven or Cast Iron Safe lock mechanism for additional protection.