- Dynamic wind ballistics feature is currently disabled.
Dynamic wind has considerable effect on ballistics of long range combat. The effect varies depending on strength and direction of the wind, the type of ammunition used and the distance the shot is fired over.
There are multiple methods of observing the direction of current wind to properly compensate for effects of wind on ballistics.
- Trees swaying, grass bending, and clouds moving across the sky are synced with the direction of the wind allowing to players to observe your environment.
- Very Low graphics options can make it difficult to determine the wind direction.
- Players with GPS can observe direction of wind by opening their map.
- Disabled if Stream Friendly UI is enabled.
- Smoke particle effects from helicrashes or smoke grenades.